National girl child day is celebrated every year on 24th of January as a national observance day for the girl child. This celebration was started to offer more supports and new opportunities to the girls in the country. It is celebrated to increase the awareness among people about all the inequalities faced by the girl child in the society. Inequality about girl child is a vast problem which includes many areas like inequality in education, nutrition, legal rights, medical care, protection, honor, child marriage and so many.
Objectives of Celebrating National Girl Child Day
- It is celebrated as a national observance to increase the consciousness of the people and offer new opportunities to the girl child in the society.
- To remove all the inequalities faced by the girl children of the Indian society.
- To make certain that every girl child is getting proper respect and value in the Indian society.
- To ensure that the girl children are getting their all the human rights in the country.
- To work against diminishing the child sex ratio in the India and change the people mind about the girl child.
- To initiate couple towards the girl child by increasing awareness about the importance and role of the girl child.
- To address the girl children issues associated to their health, respect, education, nutrition and etc.
- To propagate the gender equality among people in India.